Most runners know (or want to know) how far they’ve run and how fast they’ve run. But do you know how to run? This is not a trick question. Understanding how to run, that is, the technique of running, as well as having a kinesthetic awareness (being aware of your body in motion) is equally important to knowing how far and how fast you run.
The Running Form Analysis session includes: 1) Initial Office Consultation
2) Full-Body Running Form Analysis on our state-of-the-art Woodway Treadmill
3) Runditioning™ session during the analysis to strengthen and correct weak areas
4) Results and Recommendations Report sent one week after the session
5) All of the above is conducted by our Founder, Owner & Head Coach of The Running Center, Coach Mindy Note: Total time for the session is about two hours.
Running Form Analysis includes:
• Overall Posture
• Head, Eyes & Shoulder Position
• Arm Swing
• Hand Position
• Stride Length
• Stride Frequency
• Foot Position
• Foot Angle
• Foot Shape
• Leg length test
• Suggestions for proper running shoes
• Referrals to sports medicine professionals (if necessary)
MAXIMUM HEART RATE TEST
You may know your pace, your distance and the total time that you ran. But do you know the effort that you expended for a training run or race? Running with a heart rate monitor will enable you to know how hard you’re running and if you’re getting fit or burning-out.
The Maximum Heart Rate Test Session includes: 1) Consultation before the test to discuss your running and fitness history and your goals
2) The test is then administered on our Woodway treadmill 3) Results sheet with the following information:
• Maximum Heart Rate
• Target Workout Intensity Zones
4) Consultation after the test to explain the results
5) All of the above is conducted by our Founder, Owner & Head Coach of The Running Center, Coach Mindy Note: Heart rate monitor will be provided for the test. Total time for the session is about 75 minutes.
All Sports Lab Services must be started within one month of registration.